Hello lovelies! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year’s Eve. Mine were both fun, and I really enjoyed my 11 days of not working – I am seriously not looking forward to having to go back to work tomorrow.
Christmas in New York was nice, but cold. Sadly there was no real snow. I did get to experience some ice rain/sleet/snow on Christmas night, which I enjoyed. There was enough for me to make a snowball and throw it at T! The day we left NY, it was 6 degrees outside and super windy. It was nice to arrive in Atlanta to 40-degree temperatures.
This New Year’s, we went to my family’s crazy party. As always, it was a lot of fun and everyone was tipsy and had a good time.
2010 so far, has been a couch potato fest. We slept until 2 p.m. on New Year’s Day, then lounged on my parents’ couch until about 10:30 p.m. We headed back to Atlanta at that point, and T and I resumed our positions on the couch. Yesterday was pretty much the same way. It was hella cold out yesterday, so there was no point in venturing outside. Today though, we will leave the couches and house to get some things accomplished before we go back to work tomorrow.
And since I’ve been a blogging slacker for the last chunk of December, I thought I’d post this meme that I found on S’s blog.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
No, I seriously suck at life. Last year, I wanted to work out more, be healthier and stop smoking….and I didn’t accomplish any of that. This year, I will work harder to be healthier – no ifs, ands or buts.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my friend’s mom passed away December 14th.
5. What countries did you visit?
One, Germany. Next year I hope to get a few more under my belt.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A fitter physique. It’s time to tone up and not be so flabby. I’d also like for us to sell our condo and buy a bigger house and eventually get a dog!
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I don’t think there was anything super spectacular that happened – we finally fixed up the guest bathroom
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not sticking to a workout routine
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfully, I wasn’t very sick this year and didn’t sprain any ankles!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
New laptops and printer, LCD TV for the bedroom, and the kegerator – it will be delivered soon!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I can’t think of anyone
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
People who are just negative and hateful for no reason. If you can’t say something nice, don’t saying anything at all.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Plane tickets to NY and Germany, eating out at nice restaurants, new laptops, house repairs, going out, shopping
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Our trip to Germany. Starting to look for a new house. Kegerator. My new laptop.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Snake Farm by Ray Wylie Hubbard. It’s not from 2009, but it became the theme song from T’s birthday camping trip.
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
I think I’m neither happier nor sadder, I’m the same size, and I think we may be better off money wise.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I’d done more things around Atlanta, like gone to festivals, plays, art exhibits, new restaurants, etc.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Party like a rock star
20. How did you spend Christmas?
On Christmas Day I was in NY with T and his family. We unwrapped presents, ate goose and homemade sauerbraten, then went to T’s aunt’s annual Christmas shin-dig.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
No, I was already in love.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Oh, this is so hard, but I guess I’ll list my new favorites. True Blood, The Jersey Shore, Top Chef, Intervention, The Vampire Diaries
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
I read a lot of books this year, but I’m drawing a blank on the best. I liked them all, but I wouldn’t say any were the best I’ve ever read.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
T’s obsession with trip-hop has spread to me. Thanks hun!
New TV, laptop, printer, kegerator, cast iron dutch oven,
27. What did you want and not get?
A raise, more vacation time, winning the lottery.
I watched a lot of movies and at the moment, I’m drawing a blank – here are some of the ones I really liked – Slumdog Millionaire, The Uninvited, New Moon, Into the Wild, Factory Girl
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
This year I turned 27. T and I went out to dinner Thursday night, then we partied with all of our friends Friday night, Saturday/Sunday my best friend ASP got married, and on Sunday we did dinner with my family. It was a birthday weekend extravaganza. We also went to Cavalia a couple weeks later as well!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting a raise. I have been at the same salary since December 2006…sadness. 😦
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
This was the year of dresses. I stocked up on super cute sun dresses this spring and summer. I rocked the fall and winter dresses with cute tights and boots. Other than that, I was pretty much a jeans girl.
32. What kept you sane?
Family, friends, booze,
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
There was no one that I was particularly obsessed with
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The health care debate. The gay marriage debate.
35. Who did you miss?
My friends that live in NY that I rarely see. My family in New Hampshire and Germany.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
ASP’s co-worker JN. We hung out a lot in November due to bachelorette parties and the wedding. She was my jumping for joy at the wedding buddy.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Don’t sweat the small stuff. Be thankful for what you have.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Yeah, yeah, yeah…party in the USA. Gotta love Miley. Every time JD and I are in the car, this song plays at least once. On our road trip to Knoxville we heard the song at least 6 times…I’m not even lying. (Honestly this song doesn’t sum up my year, but it’s all that came to mind at the moment).