I thought this month’s topic for the Blogger Carnival was interesting, so I decided to participate. As I was trying to decide what I “can’t live without,” I realized that I have categories of items I couldn’t image being on this earth without. So instead of just one important item, I will share with you a series of things that are pretty damn important to me.
I can’t live without:
1. My family – I don’t mean to brag, but I have the most awesome family on the planet. I get along really well with both my parents. For the most part, I always have (minus some tumultuous teenage years where Dad and I butted heads). But now that I’m grown, I can appreciate their company so much more. I really enjoy spending time with them (and their friends), and we often will spend evenings together hanging out. I also have an awesome sister. Little S is one of my best friends, and we have always been close. Growing up, we did so many things together and to this day, still do. We hang out with each other’s friends – it’s great! She is also my working out motivator – she gets my ass up and moving! My husband, T. Even though he drives me bat shit crazy sometimes, I couldn’t imagine my life without him. In our 10 years together, we have gone through so many things, and he is my rock when I need a shoulder to cry on. Love you guys!
2. A good pair of jeans – You can’t live your life without a great pair of jeans. They can make or break any look you are going for. I am a huge fan of any dark wash that can be worn with flats, heels, flops or boots.
3. My cats – Even though they can annoy the living day lights out of me some mornings when they wake me up before my alarm goes off, I can’t imagine my life without them. They have been a part of my “family” for nearly 4 years. There is nothing sweeter then sitting on the couch or laying in bed and having a happy kitty curled up next to you, purring.
4. Chapstick – I know I have written about this before, but I am obsessed and addicted to Chapstick. I can not go anywhere without it. I’m not even kidding! If I forget it at home, I will stop at a store and buy another one. I hate the look and feeling of chapped lips. Plus, I have naturally red lips, so I don’t need to wear lipstick. Chapstick is pretty much all I ever wear.
5. Good food – I consider myself a foodie. I love to cook and enjoy experimenting with new recipes. I also enjoy going to new restaurants and branching out to sample new types of cuisine. Life is too short to not know how to cook or be afraid to try new edibles. Life is also too short to restrict yourself and diet constantly. Food is out there for us to enjoy, and enjoy it I will – even if it means I have a few extra pounds to carry around with me. 🙂
So, there you have it. My top 5 things I can’t live without.
What is something you can’t live without?