Howdy dudey everyone!  Sorry I’ve been kinda of slack about posting and commenting lately.  As you may know, I was in NY for a week visiting T’s family and going to a good friend’s wedding.  Last week was a bit hectic at work trying to get all caught up.  I’m sure you know how it is.

The trip to NY was a lot of fun, even though the weather was sort of cold and crappy.  It rained a lot, but there were a few nice sunshiny days.  Which is always a plus.  The Saturday we arrived, we went to a Yankees game in the new stadium.  We sat in the bleacher seats, which gave us a really great view.  The game was fun, but I’m not a huge Yankees fan.  Even though I was so happy to have them beat the Phillies.  T was in heaven…that’s all I can say.

One day we made a trip to Cooperstown to see the Baseball Hall of Fame and to visit the Cooperstown and Ommegang breweries.  That was really fun, but it was hard to drink so many samples of beer in such a short amount of time, especially since we’d eaten right before that.  The hall of fame was cool, but I felt like it was very Yankees-centric.  But I did have a good time seeing all of baseball’s history.

My friend Jewels got married on Friday, and the wedding was beautiful.  Let me tell you something – I have never seen so much food in one place.  It was intense.  The amount of food that was served during cocktail hour could have been dinner.  Then when we got to the reception room, there was a huge seated dinner.  I managed to try a little bit of everything, but didn’t really finish anything.  I wanted to make sure to save room for the cake (and the open bar).  The craziest part of the wedding was right at the end where they pulled out a coffee station (it looked like a little coffee shop counter) to serve coffee and cordials.  Then a little Good Humor ice cream cart came out, along with a bananas foster station. All of this was on top of the petit fours and wedding cake that were on the table.  It was a total fat kid’s dream!

Our last night in NY, we celebrated Big Time’s (T’s dad’s) birthday.  We went out to eat at this cute little Spanish restaurant in Poughkeepsie.  We were all so excited to have a delicious dinner that was washed down with Sangria.  T’s little bros were super excited since they are now 21 and can (legally) drink the sangria.  Of course, when we got there we found out that the place had changed ownership and hadn’t received their new liquor license yet.  Figures.  We were slightly annoyed that they didn’t mention this to us when I called to make the reservation.  Oh well, what can you do?

After dinner we went to a boat club to see a comedy show that T’s cousin was in.  I seriously haven’t laughed that hard in a long, long time.  My face hurt after the show ended 2 hours later.  T’s poor uncle was right in the front, and he was the butt of many jokes.  Let’s just say that by the end of the night, his new name was Uni-bomber.  The poor guy!  But at least he was a good sport about the whole thing.

The NY trip was great.  But as always, it goes by way too fast.  I seriously need to win the lottery so I can travel whenever I want and not have to worry about work getting in my way! 🙂