Seriously Mother Nature, I am over all of this rain.  Atlanta has been one soggy mess for most of this week.  We keep getting little teasers with some sunshine at the end of the day, but then WHAM.  There’s a torrential downpour, again.

Today was no exception.  Sometime in the wee hours of the day, all hell broke loose.  It rained so hard that it woke me up.  All the thunder and lightning were just the icing on the cake.  By the time I woke up, it was just a little misty and humid out.  That really wasn’t too bad.

Today I had a work luncheon to attend, so this means I’m all dressed up.  Normally we are allowed to wear jeans to work.  All I can say is that I am so freaking glad I decided to wear pants and long sleeves.  I left the office around 11:15, and the temperature had definitely dropped.

Of course I didn’t think to bring my umbrella with me as I headed into the restaurant.  But at that point in time, it was only slightly overcast and there was no rain.  By the time I left at 1:15, it was raining buckets.  I didn’t have my umbrella and I parked my own car instead of valeting (I was totally kicking myself for that one).

The parking lot wasn’t too far away, but in a torrential downpour, it would have been a long journey that resulted in me looking like a drowned rat or in me face-planting because me + running in heels = inevitable injury (I don’t want to revisit Ankle Sprain of 2008).  So instead of getting soaked, I decided to wait in the lobby for the rain to lighten up.  Yeah, that never happened.  Finally another woman and I found someone who had valeted and was willing to drive us to our cars.  He seriously was our hero.

I walked as fast as a could without falling from his car to mine, and only ended up with minimal soakage.  But of course I had volunteered to pick up publicity from the bookstore on my way back to the office.  I was all kinds of tempted to skip it, but then I remembered that my boss had given my a dated check to pay for the items.  So, I sucked it up and went.

This time I did have my umbrella, but of course the second I got out of the car the wind picked up.  My umbrella almost flipped inside out and flew out of my hand, but I managed to hold my own.  But not like it really helped much since it was doing the sideways rain that blows right under your umbrella.  Also, peep-toed shoes and water results in cold, wet feet.   It was just my luck that I couldn’t find the magazines I needed at the bookstore and had to make another stop to find them.  At least there was a parking deck to keep me dry that time.

After my magazine purchasing adventure, I stopped at the bank to deposit a check.  Since it was still pouring, I opted to go to the drive up ATM.  It was broken.  I didn’t want to battle the rain again, so I went to the drive up  window.  How cool are those little containers that shoot your check right into the bank?!?  I want one for my house! Of course I picked the outside lane, and when I rolled down the window, rain blew into my car, all over me and my hair.  I had to roll the window up while I waited for the teller so I didn’t get drenched.

After the bank, I returned to the office, where I almost blew away again walking from the car to the door.  I looked like one hot mess by the time I got inside.

Hairspray + rain and wind = some really nappy hair!

Keep your fingers crossed that this stupid rain stays away for the weekend.  It’s T’s birthday tomorrow and we are going to dinner to celebrate.  And on Saturday we are going camping, and we definitely don’t want the rain to ruin our good time!