Well, it’s definitely been a minute since I’ve posted.  Hope you all didn’t miss me too much, but I’ve been really busy with work and just haven’t had a ton of time to post.  But I’m back so you can all be at ease again! 😉

On Wednesday, my boss and I found out that our Thursday meeting with our client got bumped back to 9 a.m. because the property owners wanted to meet with us before going out of time.  This meant that we had to leave Wednesday after work so we could be ready to meet at 9 the next day.  We could have stayed in Atlanta, then driven up in the morning.  But it would have meant that we would have to leave at 6:30 since the client is about 2.5 hours away.  Um, no.  I have a hard time getting up on time at 7:45 now as it is.

Since we found out about our meeting change during the day, I had to leave work in the afternoon to pack my stuff.  But I had to be back in the office before 5:30 for a conference call.  It was hectic.  We hit the road at 7:30 and arrived at our mountain client at about 10, and it was freezing!  It was 48 degrees outside!  Yikes.  What makes this place awesome is that there are huge comfy beds with marshmellowy pillows and blankets.  It’s heaven!  I opened the window, turned on the fan, and snuggled in for a fairly undisturbed night.  A couple times the wind got a little crazy, so one of the windows started rattling.  I ended up closing it and fell right back to sleep.

Thursday we spent all day in meetings and weren’t able to finish, so we had to spend the night again.  I was a little bummed about not going home, but the awesome bed totally made up for it.  We’re going up there again next weekend for a media trip, so hopefully it won’t be too cold and the weather will be nice since we’ll be outside a lot.

Friday’s meeting was pretty short, so we ate some lunch, cut dahlia’s from the gigantic dahlia garden, and bought some goodies from the pro shop before we headed back to Atlanta.  On the way home, I chatted with JD and she informed me about how bad the gas crisis has gotten.  Everywhere you went in Atlanta yesterday (and today) the gas stations were either out of gas or overflowing with cars that were trying to fill up.  I only have a quarter of a tank left and have to go to another client about 2 hours away on Tuesday, so JD and I decided to skip the trip to Athens for the UGA/Bama game.  I got up and watched College GameDay, which was filmed in Athens.  Later we’ll blackout the living room and watch the game on the awesome new TV and grill out with friends.  Afterward we’ll get crazy with Rock Band.

Last night, JD, CMc and I played Rock Band for hours.  It was so much fun.  I’m sure my neighbors loved my horrible singing and the loud music blaring from the TV.

Are any of you feeling the gas pinch?  Is it messing up your plans?