This weekend was so much fun!  After nearly dying of boredom at work on Friday, I met up with a group of friends to go to the Braves game.  Normally I love going to the games, but Friday it was miserable out.  It was probably still in the upper 80s with lots of humidity when the game started at 7:30.  Unfortunately it rained for an inning, making the humidity even worse.  And there was no breeze, what so ever.  Then in the top of the 9th, the Braves had come back and were ahead by one.  There was one out left, and the game would have ended, when one of the players didn’t catch a fly ball making the game go into extra innings.  Needless to say, we lost.  😦  But we did stay for the Friday Night Fireworks show, which was awesome.  I heart fireworks…a ton!

After the game we decided to go to our favorite neighborhood bar for a chill/relaxing night.  We had a few pitchers of beer then played darts.  T and I were on a team, and I have to say we did pretty well!  We won 2 of the games and almost the third…we had to stop playing since the bar was about to close and I could barely keep my eyes open since I was so tired.  I was pretty proud of my dart skills on Friday.  I managed to hit some bullseyes when we really needed them, which almost never happens.

Saturday was pretty busy.  In the morning, T and I went to pick out the tuxes.  I was a lot easier than I thought it would be.  T and I agreed on everything, and he and one of the groomsmen got measured while we were there.  We were in and out in 45 minutes.

We decided to go with black chalk-striped (very light pinstriped) tuxes, flat-front shirts, square-toed shoes, ties and vests.  T will be in a white tie and vest. The groomsmen will be in claret vests and black ties.  T and one of the groomsmen think that it would look good to do black shirts with the claret vest and tie.  I’d have to see it before I could make a decision on it.  The dads will have black vests and ties. I think everyone is going to look so good!

On Saturday evening I went to my first bridal shower hosted by my awesome bridesmaids.  It was Mexican-themed in honor of our honeymoon.  There was a taco bar, JD’s amazing bean soup, my mom’s awesome bean dip, chips, cheese, salsa, a chocolate fountain, fruit, wine and strawberry margaritas (in honor of the wedding colors).  Everything was delicious, and we had a great time. I donned a festive sombrero, destroyed a pony pinata, and got some amazing presents.  My mom got me the bedspread I had been eying so I put it on last night.  It is heavenly!  300-thread count sheets, where have you been all of my life!?!

My new sheets are so comfortable that I forgot to turn on my alarm before I went to bed.  I set the time – even though it was for 7:30 p.m. at first.  Luckily I caught that and changed it to 7:30 a.m.  But I guess I never actually turned it on – duh.  So, I woke up this morning at 8:40, which resulted in me being 45 minutes late.  Oh well, what can you do?