Sometimes I swear that I need a weekend to recover from my weekend (or I need to remember that I am not a rockstar so I shouldn’t try to act like one). 

Friday night I came home from work, made some dinner, and watched a little TV.  T is taking his second section of the CPA on Thursday, so he spent the entire weekend studying and wanted me out of the house (apparently I can be very distracting).  I ended up going to JD’s, and we decided we would stay in and save money.  We got a jug of Burgundy (high class, I know) and spent a little while researching potential places to go for a bachelorette party.  By 10:30, we were over researching and decided to head to the gas station to buy some ciggies and Mega Millions lottery tickets since the jackpot was $270 million.  On our way to the gas station, we saw that our little neighborhood bar was packed, so we decided to stop in for one drink (yeah right!).  While we were there, we began dreaming of all the glorious things we would buy with our $135 million (we were planning on splitting it 50-50).  Of course, we didn’t win.  And we ended up staying for 3 drinks before we went back to JD’s place.  A little before 1 a.m., we were sitting on her couch, downloading some of our favorite oldies and singing along with them at the top of our lungs (which I’m sure her neighbors loved).  I finally called T to come and pick me up.  He stopped by for a little while and laughed at JD’s and my terrible signing voices, and I eventually fell asleep leaving him to wake me up and take me home (I am terrible about falling asleep on couches and not getting back up.  I do it at home all of the time).  

A majority of Saturday was spent on the couch watching TV, staying away from T so I didn’t distract him.  I was a total vegetable for two reasons:  1. I was recovering from my crazy Friday night.  2. I had two parties to attend later that evening, and I needed to be rested up.

My first party of the day was at my friend LK’s place (we studied abroad in France together, and she is currently house-sitting a multi-million dollar mansion and gets to live there for free).  The party was one of those parties by Pure Romance.  They bring all of these crazy toys, lotions, books, etc. and sell you a bunch of kinky things.  Let me tell you, it was hilarious.  The host was so funny and outgoing.  Before she got started, she insisted on all of us having at least two drinks to loosen everyone up.  There were about 20 girls there and not everyone knew each other, which made it even more entertaining since some of the girls were more crazy and open-minded and some were more quiet and shy.  She passed around a ton of crazy toys and had us try all of these flavored lotions and sprayed us with pheromone sprays.  It was quite an interesting event.  I am totally thinking about having one with a bunch of my other girl friends because I think everyone would get a total kick out of it!  And who doesn’t love drinking a little and buying kinky products. 🙂      

After that, I headed out to a night club for my friend CGN’s birthday.  I pulled poor T away from his studying to play taxi for me and get me downtown.  I got there and found everyone at this huge round leather couch corner booth – which was awesome because most of the other tables were small with uncomfortable looking chairs.  The night was spent dancing, laughing and taking lots of crazy/stupid pictures that will eventually end up on Myspace and Facebook to help refresh the memories of the Drunky McDrunkersons of the group. 

We left around 2 a.m., and JD and I shared a cab back to our neck of the woods.  I convinced her to come over for one more drink – this was a bad choice.  I went from pretty buzzed to retarded.  T drove her home, and I spent the entire ride dying from the worst alcohol-induced hiccups ever.  Once we got back, T told me I spent two minutes trying to get out of the car.  I finally made it out and proceeded to stumble upstairs to our bedroom.  I ended up in the bathroom because I felt like I was going to hurl from all of the hiccuping I had been doing.  I spent the next 45 minutes whimpering into the toilet.  I finally “made some room” (as JD calls it) and managed to brush my teeth and wash my face, with a lot of help from T.  He even had to put face lotion on for me because I was so messed up.  He finally got me into my PJs, and I fell into bed and slept (until 3 p.m. on Sunday).  I guess I should’ve eaten a little more for dinner and definitely not mixed red wine and Bacardi and diet coke – oops. 

I finally recovered enough to go to JD’s house for dinner.  We made this cabbage and beef casserole (it reminded me of lasagna without pasta) because we wanted to test it out before we served it at our annual St. Patty’s Day chow-down fest.  It was pretty good, but definitely needed some tweaking to make it even better.  We ended up watching Marie Antoinette, which I had seen before but wanted to give another chance.  And I still wasn’t that impressed with it.  I feel like it could’ve been amazing but the story is really slow.  There is not a lot of dialogue, and a lot of time is spent on showing scenes for an unnecessarily long amount of time.  But it is really cool artistically.  The costumes and sets are amazing, and the soundtrack is pretty kick ass.  I think as long as you don’t set your expectations too high, you might enjoy it.     

All in all, it was a fun weekend but now I feel like I need some more time off to recover from it.  I’m getting my wisdom teeth out on Friday, so that means I will have a pretty tame (and pain-filled) weekend.  Hope your weekend was fun too!